IMPORTANT INFO RE WORKBOOKS
These workbooks invite you to reflect, and if you are still working through some issues, then reflecting on your own maybe not in your best interests. Please, seek support for those issues.
The workbooks will still be there when you are in a place where you feel safe to use them.
There is a lot to the workbooks. Please take time to work through it at a pace that feels comfortable to you. If you have never used a workbook before for self-management, here are some tips you may find helpful:
- Do it because it matters to you and you think it will offer some value to your life.
- Decide where and when you can have time to work through the materials so you can give it your full attention.
- Decide if you need a self-management buddy, you can run ideas by or be a sounding board. This doesn’t need to be a therapist unless you are also struggling with wider mental health issues. A trusted and supportive family member, friend or peer can be a buddy.
- The workbooks agree to download and save. This enables you to work at a pace that suits you.
- Before you start each session using the workbook, perhaps watch the 3min relaxation video on the site or some other technique that helps bring you into the moment to give the workbook your attention.
- Please don’t force it. If you find some sections are a struggle, leave it, come back another day.
The workbooks offer some ideas to consider, some space to reflect, some tips to consider, and invitations to decide what action you plan to take and when. Please don’t force it. If you find some sections are a struggle, leave it, come back another day.