Values and Philosophy
COPE Scotland, like Maslow, believe that individuals' psychological and physical and emotional needs have to be met at every stage. If they are not, the person cannot fulfil their full potential in society.
This lack of fulfilment can lead to:
- Mental illness and distress.
- A lack of resilience to cope with life's inevitable challenges.
- Problems within the family and wider community
- Family breakdown.
- Domestic abuse.
- Substance misuse and related crime.
- Suicide and a variety of mental and emotion issues and a feeling of hopelessness.
Whilst this lack of fulfilment may have its roots in social issues, COPE Scotland believes in the resilience of individuals to tackle these social issues with the appropriate relationships, skills and support.
- << Prev